Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Snacks In No Time: Peach Mango Punch

My daughters and I had a girls night out last night and we had homemade pizza, and toffee popcorn with peach mango punch, while we settled in for a great movie on Netflix.
Ingredients:
  • 5 Peaches
  • 2 Mangos
  • 1 Can of Sprite.
Instructions:
I took the stones out of the peaches.  I took the stones out of the mangos.   Using my juicer, I juiced all fruit and poured equally into three tall glasses.  I topped the glasses off with the can of sprite, equally.  I carefully stirred, being careful not to let the drink foam up too much and voila!  A wonderful sweet, fresh punch.  (3 Servings)
Tips:
  1. Removing stone from a peach:  I did this by cutting the peach in half along the seam up against the stone. Twist the halves to open fruit, and pop the stone out with a spoon.
  2. Removing stone from a mango:  I did this by cutting the mango lengthwise, about 1/2 inch from center out,and repeated on other side, so the stone would be still in the center. Then took the center part and cut around the stone.
  3. Using a blender instead of a juicer:  You would want to peel your fruits and remove stones from them.  Take fruit instead of placing in juicer, place in blender and add a liquid to help liquefy your ingredients.  I would recommend using water or juice, not using a carbonated beverage because that could foam up with the blending action.  Blend until desired thickness.  Then pour equally into three tall glasses. Top the glasses off with the can of sprite, equally. Carefully stir, being careful not to let the drink foam up too much.  Then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment